Julia Nance. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Paris, France
The Footsteps of the Impressionists tour beginning.
 
 
Our first night was spent eating beautiful Brie and Blue cheese with fresh bread and drinking wine (which I didn't drink).
The next day, the first day of our study tour, we did a walk around the Montmartre area, where we are staying. Its quite lovely. We saw views across all of Paris
 




 
 
Walking around Paris is so beautiful. Like Florence, the architecture is so nice and sweet.
There are lots of lovely green vines over everything, and cobblestone paths, and music on the street and in the trains, and people selling crepes and artwork.
 

 
This is my first crepe in Paris! well, for my whole trip (I have been waiting for Paris).
I chose to have nutella on mine (yum).
 
 
Giant Meringues. This amazing bakery has won several awards for the best baguette apparently.
 

Lucas and I with our baguettes. Probably going to be a daily purchase.
 
Another bakery, with the best tarts (apparently)
 
 
This cheese shop is also another treasure of Montmartre, and also in walking distance of our apartment.

 
After the walk, we went back to our apartments (Lucas, Steph and I all shared an entrée of cheese and bread), before all heading over to have a group nachos session.
That night, on the 21st of June, all of Paris celebrated the first day of summer.
Its a big festival celebration that happens yearly.
The only year where they can drink on the streets.
there was music, and dancing and crowds and lights. Such a great and unique atmosphere.
Felt sorry for the car that was trampled by dancers (apparently it was all smashed in, which I never saw myself). Good way to kick-start our tour.
 
 
 
 
Day 2 of the Tour.
 
I began my day with a hearty healthy(ish) breakfast. Muesli cereal with yoghurt, honey, and banana served with bread and orange juice. I love the view of the street we have too.
 
 
 
Rodin Museum -
we went to a museum of sculpture works by a talented artist. I didn't take too many photos. Here are a few of the gardens and some works:
 


 
 
Napoleons Tomb:
 
We went across the road to Napoleons Tomb. Steph and I didn't go in, it wasn't something we were particularly interested in seeing, and we were both very tired. So we just walked around the outside for a bit and took a few photos.

 
 
 
After the little exploration, we went back to our area and bought a fresh baguette and some really beautiful yummy cheese to go on it, as well as an apple cinnamon cake for dessert.
Steph and I had a very cute little afternoon date together in our room, looking out our window onto a Paris street.
Great way to end our second day.
Im exhausted to say the least.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Blogroll