Julia Nance. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

On the second day of Rome, I saw a few different attractions.
Initially, the Vatican City was going to be the first attraction, but it was going to be too busy so if I ever go back to Rome I'll go then. It personally wasn't something that highly interested me anyway.

A bus from the Vatican to Rome's oldest food market, the Campo De Fiori was next on the agenda.
It was filled with fresh fruit and veg mostly, but they also had rainbow pasta. Amazing!
 
 
 

The Pantheon was stumbled upon by accident, which worked well because that was the plan.
Keeping a distance, I have a few photos showing its enormity.
I don't really like to involve myself in crowds too often. It was hot, and I was wearing pants (due to the Vatican plan - have to cover for the church), so I observed from a distance.
 
 Little Streets of Rome.
Colours of the buildings, windows with shutters.
 
The place I have always wanted to go in Rome, along with the Colosseum, was the Trevi Fountain (Fontana Di Trevi) which I believe got its name due to three roads leading towards it.
It was huge! I never managed to capture it on my 50mm lens, but even if I did the crowds were so intense, and would have blocked most of it.
*if you wanna see a complete picture of the trevi fountain:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=trevi+fountain+image
 
 
 Here are some photos that I took:

 
 
 
 A girl watching from above.
 
 Me, and my hat again.
 
 
Lastly for the day, and I have no images for this one, was the Spanish Steps.
I have been told that the Spanish Steps were built by the French so that the Spanish Embassy at the bottom of the hill could get up the hill to the Church and not get muddy*
 
I was more fascinated with the crowds of people. So many people standing in awe at the sight of the steps. I Agree that they were beautiful steps, but they're just steps. I'm not meaning to have a poor attitude, I just don't know what I'm going to do with so many photos of these attractions as it is!

*heard this through a person, not a tour guide. Haven't researched it myself.
 
I was exhausted by the end of the day.
I guess I'm not used to walking so much, and in such heat. Good day for all though.

1 comment:

 

Search This Blog

Blogroll