Julia Nance. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

mykonos - final destination, greece


Arriving at Mykonos was in somewhat a relief. I loved the sailing, but after a week I was ready to do more on-foot exploring.
We first anchored at ‘super paradise beach’ – a party beach I guess. We were there in the afternoon, so just sat on the beach before sailing to the Port in Mykonos for our final night.

We had a beautiful dinner filled with music, and good service and dusk sunlight reflecting off the white and blue buildings.
Afterwards, we went to a bar where I chose not to drink, as I didn’t feel up for partying, and wanted to be in good form for the next day (my last full day in Mykonos).

The next morning, after saying goodbye to our new friends (Anna, Luca, Chris and Mark) and our skipper (Jimmy), we were picked up by one of the owners of the hotel we were staying at: Mina Studios. I can honestly say, I have never had better service from any hotel/hostel/apartment blocks or whatever that I have ever stayed at.
we were shown around our cute apartment.
 

 view from the front door, upon opening.

After we were shown our apartment, we were given drinks and a fresh platter of fruit while we talked with the owners and they got to know us. It was so lovely.
For the day, we explored the town in Mykonos. Its picture-perfect and typical Greece. White and Blue with grey stones for pavement.
we had honey fritters (these donut balls covered in a honey-type syrup. YUM), as well as gelato ice cream which was also incredible. Healthy day…


 


I like the town of Mykonos, because its so quiet with minimal traffic. The shop owners and citizens are all welcoming and polite. You are just surrounded with a sense of beauty and welcoming. Everything is so visual. I like that.


 
 Mykonos Windmills.

 
 So many cats and kittens around. I loved how this one's eyes matched its fur.
 
We finished the night by having dinner at a restaurant by the beach. All the restaurants play beautiful music, and we even passed one with some dancing involved too.

It was sad to leave Greece, as the islands were so refreshing after a busy Melbourne semester at uni.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Blogroll